HARAS DE SEMILLY, A FAMILY STORY
The Haras de Semilly’s reputation has been built on the know-how of genuine horsemen from generation to generation, which represents a guarantee of competency and reliability. This Stud farm offers you nowadays a complete service for EQUINE REPRODUCTION, SPORT HORSE BREEDING and STALLIONS MANAGEMENT.
AN OUTSTANDING PLACE DEDICATED TO HORSES
The Haras de Semilly is based in Normandy. It’s surrounded by 220 hectares of fields and is divided in 3 sites :
- a Top AI and ET center which hosts your mares,
- another site dedicated to 250 surrogate mares necessary to ensure good embryo transfers’ results,
- brand new showjumping stables to train young horses up to the top level in the best conditions. You will be welcome for horse trials.
- 220 hectares of top quality meadows surrounded by high hedgerows, with automatic drinking troughs and securely fenced.
- An insemination and embryo transfer centre, REQS 3* certified ET & AI practice for fresh, chilled and frozen semen (including deep AI on ovulation). It has been created by Richard Levallois in 1989 and successfully performing the artificial insemination of horses for over more than 30 years, with more than 600 mares covered each year and the embryo transfer with more than 120 surrogate mares pregnant each breeding season! In this time the practice has gathered a huge amount of experience in all aspects of assisted reproductive techniques in horses.
This centre includes 4 palpation and insemination chutes with a specific laboratory, 1 teasing chute, 1 separate room for the embryo transfers with its own laboratory, 80 stalls to host your mares with several bigger ones for the mares with foals, 4 big foaling stalls with video surveillance and red light, 4 Birth Alarms and several magnets to detect the foalings, several paddocks,…
Another site dedicated to 250 surrogate mares where they can be under light during winter time in order to begin the breeding season early in the best conditions and ensure good embryo transfers’ results.
Brand new showjumping stables with 59 large bright stalls well-ventilated, 6 preparation areas, 4 showers, 1 solarium, 1 bright and insulated indoor arena of 60m x 30m, 1 smaller indoor arena of 30m x 18m for free jumping and lunging, 1 big outdoor arena, an artificial river to regenerate horses’ tendons after work, an 8 places walker, several paddocks, a comfortable club house, …
Those facilities enable us to train our young horses in the best conditions to preserve their health and bring them to the top level. It also welcomes you in the best conditions if you want to try some horses.
HARAS DE SEMILLY TEAM
Based on the know-how of genuine horsemen from generation to generation assisted by a dynamic and passionate team, the Haras de Semilly has one aim : improve Horse breeding with a commitment to excellence in every respect.
Generations of Horsemen in the service of breeding and equestrian sports
Haras de Semilly
Impasse de l’Hôtel Pohier