HOPTUM DE L’ABBAYE
(Malito de Reve x Diamant de Semilly x Jeroboab)
SF – grey – 1,68m – 2017
❝ Hoptum brings the very good and rare blood of the World Champion CUMANO through his best stallion’s son, MALITO DE REVE, himself brother and sire of several Grand Prix 1,60m CSI5* winners. His dam is also the full sister of stallions placed in CSI. He has himself a great canter, an excellent jumping style very feline, with a lot of scope, carefulness, suppleness and powerful hindquarters. He’s handsome, has a modern type with a long top line. Then he can suit your too compact mares, bringing more scope while keeping strength in the back. ❞
HOPTUM DE L’ABBAYE
Hoptum de l’Abbaye has a rich pedigree of 57,96% thoroughbred (Cf.webpedigree)
HIS SIRE : MALITO DE REVE : rare son of the legendary Cumano
Malito de Rêve, son of the world champion Cumano, and the brother of the stallions Hermès de Rêve, winner in CSI4* and Pacino placed on 1,60m CSI5*. From his dam line comes from also VDL Groep Sapphire B, winner in GP 1,60m CSI5*.
Malito was finalist at 4-yeras-old in Belgium, he started his 5-years-old season but unfortunatly was seriously injured, which put an end to his jumping career and was the beginning of his reproductive career.
He is the sire of several international winners, such as:
- Gancia de Muze, 16e world performer in 2019 with N. Bruynseels, winner of the GP CSI5* in Cannes, Bruxelles, ‘s Hertogenbosch, Helsinki, Bâle, Saint-Tropez, Knokke
- Grand Cru Vd Rozenberg, WEG. in Tryon with P. Lucrecia, Cordon, O.G. in Rio de Janeiro 2016, winner of the GP CSI5* in Miami, 4th by team at the Europe Championship in Göteborg ridden by J. Guery
- Estoy Aqui de Muze*HDC, 3rd of the GP CSIO* in Gijon and the GP CSI5* in Hong Kong ridden by K. Staut, ISO 166(14)
- Fidux, winner of the GP CSI5* and CSIO5* with E. Alvarez Aznar
- Everlychin de la Pomme, 6YO Belgium vice-champion, winner in CSI4*-W with S. Sweetnam
- Farao van Heritage, CSI5* with E. Gaudiano
- Empire van Wuitenshof, CSIO4* with E. Garza Perez
- Minerva G.I.H. Z, CSIO5* with E. Grimaldi, winner in GP CSI 1,55m
- Loukas de la Noue, winner in GP 1,50m with C. Hanley
- Glock’s Zaranza, CSI5* with G. Schroeder…
… But also Kolinko van de Witte Poort, Easy Vt Paradijs, Valito d’Ecaussinnes, Ergot Vt Zwartwater, Edelweiss Vt Merodehof; Figeac de Rêve… all great winners in CSI. He is also the sire of the CCI2* winners Galito du Grand Moustier and Dalinnca.
Among his best indexed offspring in france, we noticed: Caprice de l’Abbaye ISO 139, Géraldine v’t Lozerhof, CSI 1,40m, ISO 140; Gatika du Bois de Mazuis, CSI-YH, ISO 140; Darlany du Bois, 6YO finalist of the french championship, CSI2*, ISO 141; Féerie de Coquerie, 5YO finalist, ISO 140 etc…
HIS DAM : AMOUR DE L'ABBAYE : young broodmare, full sister of several stallions placed in CSI
She is the dam of 3 others young products :
- Fiona de l’Abbaye (2015, Top Gun Semilly sf)
- Ivano de l’Abbaye (2018, Satisfaction FRH hann)
- Jasmin de l’Abbaye (2019, Qlassic Bois Margot sf)
HIS 2nd DAM : AMOUR DE CHANTEPIE: dam of the SF stallions Lagon de l’Abbaye and Spirit of Semilly,
She is the daughter of Jeroboab by the famous thoroughbred Night and Day and she has also produced :
♦ 1999 Lagon de l’Abbaye, ISO 167, full brother, SF stallion
♦ 2001 Nirvana de l’Abbaye (full sister
• 2009 Vent du Large, ISO 126
• 2010 Adzaro de l’Abbaye, ISO 131, SF stallion
• 2011 Black de l’Abbaye, ISO 146
• 2014 Emilton de l’Abbaye, ISO 113
♦ 2002 Orlane de l’Abbaye
• 2012 Caprice de l’Abbaye, ISO 140
• 2013 Donald de l’Abbaye, ISO 126
♦ 2003 Portland de l’Abbaye, ISO 123
♦ 2006 Spirit of Semilly ISO 146, full brother of Lagon de l’Abbaye, SF stallion
♦ 2007 Tyruana de l’Abbaye, ISO 115
♦ 2009 Viconte de l’Abbaye, ISO 126
♦ 2010 Amour de l’Abbaye
• 2017 Hoptum de l’Abbaye, ISO 118, étalon SF
♦ 2015 Floride de l’Abbaye, ISO 120
HIS 3rd DAM : REINE DE CHANTEPIE : grand-dam of the CSI winner stallion Grenat de Grez
She is by Uriel and has also produced:
♦ 1990 Chantepie
•1994 Grenat de Grez, ISO 165, HN stallion
♦ 1991 Diane de Chantepie, ISO 114
•1999 Loulou de Chantepie, ISO 117
♦ 1992 Elite de Chantepie, ISO 121
♦ 1993 Filou de Chantepie, ISO 126
♦ 1995 Hello de Chantepie, ISO 119
♦ 1997 Java de Chantepie
•2002 Opium Garette, ISO 117
•2004 Quemister Garette, ISO 142
•2005 Rose Rouge Garette, ISO 129
•2012 Chadwick Garette, ISO 113
•2013 Damascena Garette, ISO 133
•2017 Himanka Garette, ISO 115
•2009 Vice Versa Garette
•2016 Gareth de St Priest, ISO 119
•2011 Bogana Garette, ISO 119
HIS 4th DAM : NICAELLA II :dam of the stallion Taquin de Chantepie and grand-dam of Nuggets l’Amandour (CSI)
She is by Elf III and she has also produced:
♦ 1985 Taquin de Chantepie, ISO 154, private stallion
♦ 1988 Agile de Chantepie, ISO 132
• 1992 Ellone l’Amandour, ISO 115, national stallion
• 1996 Ifisse l’Amandour, ISO 120
• 1999 Luciole l’Amandour, ISO 120
• 2001 Nuggets l’Amandour, ISO 158
• 2003 Premium l’Amandour, ISO 124
♦ 1992 Eclat de Chantepie, ISO 111
• 2006 Senso des Milands, ISO 133
♦ 1995 Halfa de Chantepie, ISO 113
• 2002 Osiris de Chantepie, ISO 121
• 2005 Romanov de Talma, ISO 123
• 2003 Perle de Chantepie, ISO 133
♦ 1996 Ideal de Chantepie, ISO 115
♦ 2000 Miss de Chantepie
• 2004 Quinine de Chantepie, ISO 118
• 2005 Royal de Chantepie, ISO 132
• 2007 Taquin de Chantepie, ISO 121
• 2008 Urbaine de Chantepie
• 2013 Diana de Chantepie, ISO 143
• 2009 Venus de Chantepie, ISO 111
• 2012 Carlina Breil, ISO 131
HIS 5th DAM : IRYA
She has also produced:
♦ 1978 Ma Folie II
• 1987 Vent Fou, ISO 135
The mother of Irya, Embuche is also at the base of many jumping winners like : Vent Fou ISO 135, As des Templiers ISO 149, Decurion Normand ISO 153, Trappeur Normand ICC 146, Caro de Cherence ISO 140, Ace ISO 155, Jacquet ICC 167, Label V IE SO, etc.
In 2023, Hoptum de l’Abbaye realized an excellent season with many clear-rounds :
- Double clear-round and ranked best 6YO stallions of the Normandy CIR.
- Inter-Régional show of St-Lô.
- Classic cycle of St.Lô.
- SHF show of St.Lô.
- Notre Dame d’Estrées.
- SHF show of Auvers.
Hoptum de l’Abbaye realized 15 clear rounds above 17 and is easily qualified for the French 5 YO jumpers Championships where he is placed « VERY GOOD ».
In 2021, Hoptum de l’Abbaye didn’t knocked any pole in the 4 YO classes (7 clear-rounds / 7) and qualified easily for the French Championships.
In 2020, he has been licenced Selle Français stallion among the best ones, qualified «VERY PROMISING » at the 3 YO SF stallion test.
Begins breeding in 2022.
He belongs to the « Young Male Genetic SF program » of the Selle Français studbook.
Hoptum x Quina de la Lande by Qredo de Paulstra
Hoptum de l’Abbaye x Mylord Carthago
Hoptum should pass on his great canter, his excellent supple jumping technique, his scope, his carefulness and a lot of strength behind.
He is chic, with blood and scope. He’s handsome, has a modern type with a long top line. Then he can suit your too compact mares, bringing more scope while keeping strength in the back.
BLOOD OF CUMANO
HOPTUM DE L’ABBAYE
HOPTUM DE L’ABBAYE
2023 COVERING CONDITIONS – France
You can bring your mare to France for being inseminated.
In this case, the stud fee is divided in two parts :
220 € at booking + 550 € when the mare is pregnant
Live Foal Guarantee
At Haras de Semilly, the inseminations and scans are included.
Sales conditions – France 🇫🇷
It is also possible to send frozen and/or chilled semen to another french AI center (shipping costs to add).
HOPTUM DE L’ABBAYE
2023 COVERING CONDITIONS – EXPORT
Towards foreign countries, we can send you the semen directlyvor through our broker if there is one who works for us in your country with 2 different options:
750 € Live Foal Guarantee
750 € for 4 doses
sold under contract (ICSI, live foal guarantee, taxes, shipment and cost for the health certificate excluded). 1 dose is sold with 1 Breeder’s Certificate and a maximum number of 1 foal born.
For ICSI, thank you to send us an email at email@example.com
The doses’ quality is certified by Eurogen
ISO : Showjumping Index
100 to 120 : Good
Generations of Horsemen in the service of breeding and equestrian sports
Haras de Semilly
Impasse de l’Hôtel Pohier